1. Our Policy
2. Who processes your Personal Data
Maison Mara – pursuant to is the data controller of www.maisonmara.co.za users’ Personal Data (“Personal Data”), which is collected for conducting, concluding and performing transactions for purchasing products on the aforementioned site (“Commercial Purposes”); MM autonomously determines the purposes and means of processing Personal Data and the instruments used, including those for security measures. Due to organizational and operational purposes only, MM has appointed certain entities that will also process Personal Data belonging to www.maisonmara.co.za’s users for purposes strictly connected to the performance of services on www.maisonmara.co.za, including the sale of products. The above-mentioned processors have been chosen because of their experience in processing Personal Data and they provide sufficient guarantees regarding compliance with data processing laws (including the technical security measures governing the processing to be carried out). In processing the Personal Data, the processors shall act only on instructions from Maison Mara. We regularly check that our processors comply with our instructions and that they continue to provide sufficient guarantees regarding their full compliance with the provisions on Personal Data processing.
Some of the processors of your Personal Data appointed by MM are:
- Seabourne Express. We provide Seabourne Express, by electronic means, with customers’ addresses and other personal data for the purpose of shipping, delivering and returning products purchased on the www.maisonmara.co.za website;
- Drenalina spa and Hetzner PTY Ltd, for purposes related to the maintenance of MM servers;
- Pier2Pier. We provide Pier2Pier with personal data of users and customers for purposes related to direct marketing services of Maison Mara and in connection with other services provided by Pier2Pier to Maison Mara, such as call center and help desk services;
Peach Payments. We provide Peach Payments with personal data of users and customers for purposes related to the processing of payments.
When you execute purchasing procedures for products sold on www.maisonmara.co.za, we collect your Personal Data (such as personal details, e-mail address, address, and telephone number) on your order form only for the purpose of selling the products ordered by you.
Your Personal Data is mostly processed by electronic means and in some circumstances by paper-based means, such as when the processing of your Personal Data is required for preventing fraud on www.maisonmara.co.za. Your Personal Data shall be stored in a way which allows Maison Mara to identify you for the period necessary for the purposes which the data was collected for and subsequently processed and, in any case, in accordance with applicable law. Please report any modification of your Personal Data to email@example.com in order to ensure that your personal information is always accurate and up-to-date, relevant and complete. Your Personal Data shall not be disclosed to third parties for purposes, which are not permitted by law or without your explicit consent. Aside from the companies appointed for Personal Data processing, your Personal Data will be made available also to third parties, autonomous controllers, for purposes related to supplying services requested by user (for example, for purchase transactions) or for purposes of third parties, in this case only upon specific consent of Users. For more information on the matter, see section 4 (To Whom Your Personal Data Will Be Disclosed).
Please contact our Customer Care or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a full list of our data processors.
Moreover, your data may be disclosed to the police or to judicial authorities, according to law and upon a formal request by such entities, for example in the event Maison Mara needs to prevent fraud on www.maisonmara.co.za (anti-fraud services).
Data processors will also have access to your Personal Data as stated in section 2 for the specific purposes stated therein. In all the above circumstances, your consent for data processing is not required. Your Personal Data will not be transferred abroad to non-SA countries that do not ensure an adequate level of protection of individuals. Should this be necessary in order to supply services or to execute a contract for the purchase of products, your Personal Data shall be transferred to such non-SA countries only after the execution of specific contracts between Maison Mara and such entities in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
Maison Mara may have access to third parties’ Personal Data which was directly disclosed by its Users, for example when a User bought a product to be sent to a friend, when the User paying for the product is different from the recipient of the product, or when a User wishes to recommend to a friend a service of www.maisonmara.co.za or the sale of a particular product.
3. What happens if you do not disclose your Personal Data to Maison Mara
Granting your Personal Data to Maison Mara(in particular, your personal details, your e-mail address, your address and your telephone number) is necessary for processing your order for the purchase of products on www.maisonmara.co.za, supplying other services provided on the web site upon your request, or when your Personal Data is needed to fulfill obligations required by law or regulations.
The refusal to provide Maison Mara with some of your Personal Data necessary for performing the above purposes may consequently prevent Maison Mara from processing your order for the purchase of products sold on www.maisonmara.za or fulfilling obligations required by law and other regulations. Therefore, failing to provide Personal Data may constitute, in some cases, a legitimate and justified reason for not processing your order for the purchase of products sold on www.maisonmara.co.za or not providing www.maisonmara.co.za’s services.
Disclosure of further Personal Data to Maison Mara other than that required for fulfilling legal or contractual obligations is, on the contrary, optional and does not have any effect on the use of the web site and of its services or on the purchase of products on www.maisonmara.co.za. We will inform you at every step whether disclosing your Personal Data to Maison Mara is compulsory or optional. We will point out to you whether the disclosure of your Personal Data is compulsory or optional by marking with an appropriate symbol (*) the information that is compulsory or data needed for the purchase of products on store.[domain].com. Failing to provide optional Personal Data will not imply any obligation or disadvantage to our users.
4. To whom your Personal Data will be disclosed
Personal data will be disclosed to third party companies that provide, on behalf of Maison Mara, specific services as data processors or to other recipients of Personal Data collected by Maison Mara that autonomously process your
Personal Data only for the performance of a contract for purchasing products on www.maisonmara.co.za (for example, First National Bank or Peach Payments.) and only when such purpose does not exceed the purposes for which your Personal Data was collected and subsequently processed and, in any case, according to applicable laws and regulations. Personal Data will not be disclosed to third parties or disseminated or transferred without informing our users of such disclosure/dissemination/transfer, without their consent and, in any case, in accordance with the law.
5. How we collect your data on www.maisonmara.co.za
Maison Mara directly collects Personal Data and information from its Users when they register online with www.maisonmara.co.za or when they send purchase orders of products sold on the web site in order to finalize e-commerce transactions. Maison Mara will process such data only for the purposes and within the limits of what is stated in the section regarding data collection.
6. Security Measures
8. Compulsory processing
We wish to inform you that Maison Mara may process your Personal Data also without your consent in certain circumstances provided by law.
9. Your right to access Personal Data and further rightsYou are entitled to obtain, at any time, confirmation from Maison Mara as to whether or not data relating to you is being processed, whether the data is not yet registered, and the communication in intelligible form of the data undergoing processing.
You are entitled to obtain at any time from Maison Mara
- the updating, adjustment or, when you have an interest in such, the integration of your Personal Data;
- the deletion, the transformation into an anonymous form or blocking of your Personal Data (unlawfully processed), including data which does not need to be stored for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed;
- the confirmation that the operations under letters a) and b) have been reported (together with the contents of the same) to whom the data was disclosed or disseminated, except when it becomes impossible or if the means used are clearly disproportionate to the right’s protection.
You are entitled to object, in whole or in part:
- for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your Personal Data, even if it is related to the purposes for which it was collected;
- to the processing of your Personal Data for advertising or direct marketing purposes or in order to carry out marketing research or commercial communications. You may freely exercise your rights at any time, provided that you do so in compliance with applicable laws, by sending your request to Maison Mara at the following e-mail address: email@example.com. We will reply to you as necessary.
10. Links to Other Websites
11. Contact information
If you wish to receive further information on how Maison Mara processes your Personal Data, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you require any further information on your rights and on Personal Data protection law you can contact.
12. Applicable law
13. Modification and updating of www.maisonmara.co.za